Santiago Finance Workshop
The Santiago Finance Workshop (SFW) is a two-day academic event organized annually by the University of Chile. The SFW takes place in Santiago, Chile during the second week of December.
The aim of the SFW is to bring together international scholars and policymakers to discuss cutting-edge research in all areas of finance and financial economics, with special emphasis on capital markets and corporate finance. This a high-level event which has taken place annually since 2015 (apart from in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic) and which has welcomed outstanding keynote speakers:
- Ron Kaniel (University of Rochester)
- Itay Goldstein (University of Pennsylvania, Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Toni M. Whited (University of Michigan, Co-Editor of the Journal of Financial Economics)
- Stefan Nagel (University of Chicago, Executive Editor of the Journal of Finance)
- Andrew Karolyi (Cornell University, former Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Franklin Allen (University of Pennsylvania and Imperial College London, former Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Michael Brennan (UCLA, former Editor of the Journal of Finance and founding Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
Philipp Schnabl is the Martin J. Gruber Professor in Asset Management and Professor of Finance at the New York University Stern School of Business, as well as the Sidney Homer Director of the Salomon Center for the Study of Financial Institutions. He is a Research Associate in Corporate Finance at the National Bureau of Economic Research and a Research Affiliate in Financial Economics at the Center for Economic and Policy Research.