Santiago Finance Workshop
The Santiago Finance Workshop (SFW) is a two-day academic event organized annually by the University of Chile. The SFW takes place in Santiago, Chile during the second week of December.
The aim of the SFW is to bring together international scholars and policymakers to discuss cutting-edge research in all areas of finance and financial economics, with special emphasis on capital markets and corporate finance. This a high-level event which has taken place annually since 2015 (apart from in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic) and which has welcomed outstanding keynote speakers:
- Itay Goldstein (University of Pennsylvania, Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Toni M. Whited (University of Michigan, Co-Editor of the Journal of Financial Economics)
- Stefan Nagel (University of Chicago, Executive Editor of the Journal of Finance)
- Andrew Karolyi (Cornell University, former Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Franklin Allen (University of Pennsylvania and Imperial College London, former Executive Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
- Michael Brennan (UCLA, former Editor of the Journal of Finance and founding Editor of The Review of Financial Studies)
Keynote Speaker 2021
We are delighted to announce that Professor Ron Kaniel will be the Keynote Speaker for the 2021 edition of the SFW. Professor Kaniel is Jay S. and Jeanne P. Benet Professor of Finance at the Simon School of Business at the University of Rochester. Professor Kaniel has published in leading academic journals on topics relating to asset pricing, capital markets and portfolio delegation. Professor Kaniel has been Co-Editor of the Journal of Financial Economics since 2017 and he was Associate Editor of The Review of Financial Studies between 2014 and 2017.